At Texas Tech University and the United Supermarkets Arena, a top priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our students, guests, faculty, and staff.
Texas Tech is strongly recommending that all faculty and staff be vaccinated for COVID-19. The vaccines are safe and effective and will protect the employee and other members of the Texas Tech community. Faces masks are strongly encouraged in classrooms and other public indoor settings on campus.
The management team of the United Supermarkets Arena prioritizes the responsibility of providing a safe environment for all and are working diligently to ensure top protocols are being followed. As a part of our commitment to help protect each of our valued guests and team members, the precautions and guidelines that are implemented in response to COVID-19 are outlined below.
Enhanced cleaning measures and health protocols that reflect the recommended standards of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have been implemented. The United Supermarkets Arena has identified potential health risks and implemented procedures to mitigate them.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces and objects regularly and frequently.
- Disinfect any items that come into contact with guests to reduce and kill germs.
- Implement electrostatic cleaning techniques to disinfect seating areas, restrooms, handrails, elevators, and other high-touch areas.
- Utilize remote ticketing options as appropriate.
- Provide available sanitizing stations with hand sanitizer throughout the complex.
- Encourage cashless transactions for all onsite purchases.
- Override efficiency protocols of ventilation when possible to optimize flow of outdoor air.
The safety and well-being of our guests are a top priority. Creating a safe environment is a shared responsibility and we encourage our guests to help protect one another by the following measures.
- The clear bag policy is now in effect for all ticketed events to help facilitate bag searches in a sanitary fashion. Only bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, or small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, may be taken into the venue. An exception may be made for medically necessary items upon inspection.
- Guests are encouraged to use sanitizing stations with hand sanitizer that will be available throughout the complex.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is vital and encouraged.
- Face masks covering both the mouth and nose are strongly encouraged, but not required.
Complete a self-assessment before leaving to come to the event.
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills and fatigue
- New loss of taste/smell
- Muscle pain or sore throat
- Are you living with or caring for someone with confirmed COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days, have you had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Is your temperature higher than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit?
Not feeling well? Marked yes to a question on the self-assessment? For the safety of other guests and team members, we ask you to stay home and invite you to return when you are feeling better.
Our incredible team members are what make the United Supermarkets Arena so special. Proper communication and training about their role in helping prevent the spread of germs have been instituted to maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- Health screening and educating staff on the symptoms of COVID-19, as well as, policies and procedures for maintaining a healthy workplace, including sending employees home if they arrive at work while feeling ill or displaying symptoms.
- Texas Tech is strongly recommending that all faculty and staff be vaccinated for COVID-19. The vaccines are safe and effective and will protect the employee and other members of the Texas Tech community.
- Faces masks are strongly encouraged in classrooms and other public indoor settings on campus, including United Supermarkets Arena.
- Hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is vital to help stop the spread of the virus and all team members have been instructed to wash their hands every 60 minutes and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking and before and after starting a shift.
- Equipment disinfecting will occur prior to first use, between users, and at the conclusion of each shift.
- Daily pre-shift and timekeeping will be modified to minimize traffic and volume of staff in the back of house areas, with hand sanitizer usage required before and after using a time clock.
- Further event and venue backstage protocols may be accessed by event promoters and tour managers upon request.
As much as we are all eager to attend events, there must be certain guidelines set in place and followed to provide optimal protection and confidence to every individual entering the arena. We look forward to welcoming you to our events! We value the time and effort it takes to attend each event taking place at the United Supermarkets Arena. Thank you for trusting us as we navigate this time together.
All persons present on the Texas Tech University (TTU) campus and within the United Supermarkets Arena assume all risk of exposure to communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people are present. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and can lead to severe illness and/or death. TTU has implemented enhanced health and safety precautions as a service for all guests, licensees, and team members present inside the arena. By entering the TTU campus and arena, all individuals voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree to follow all governmental and TTU policies, guidelines, and directives related to the prevention and control of COVID-19, whether or not posted, while present on the TTU campus and inside the United Supermarkets Arena.