The Texas Tech Commitment is our pledge to create a safe campus environment for students, guests, faculty, and staff as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Texas Tech University and the United Supermarkets Arena, a top priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our students, guests, faculty, and staff. With your safety in mind, we are unveiling our Texas Tech Commitment – a comprehensive plan that includes new procedures designed to help protect you and those you love. There will be enhanced sanitization efforts, resources for health screenings, access to personal protective equipment, workplace and classroom wellness guidance, and social distancing protocols. With the addition of these new procedures, along with attention to personal hygiene, proper social distancing, and self-care, we can all do our part to protect our campus community.
Campus Resources - What’s Happening on Campus?
Texas Tech Athletic Department – Enhanced Safety Measures Guide
The health, safety, and well-being of the university and arena community are of utmost importance. The university and arena are continuing to monitor the rapidly changing situation in order to protect the health and safety of students, guests, faculty, and staff. Our team is committed to monitoring and following recommendations and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), Texas Tech University, and the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS).
Response to COVID-19
The management team of the United Supermarkets Arena prioritizes the responsibility of providing a safe environment for all and are working diligently to ensure top protocols are being followed. As a part of our commitment to help protect each of our valued guests and team members, the precautions and guidelines that are implemented in response to COVID-19 are outlined below.
Enhanced cleaning measures and health protocols that reflect the recommended standards of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have been implemented. The United Supermarkets Arena has identified potential health risks and implemented procedures to mitigate them.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces and objects regularly and frequently.
- Disinfect any items that come into contact with guests to reduce and kill germs.
- Implement electrostatic cleaning techniques to disinfect seating areas, restrooms, handrails, elevators, and other high-touch areas.
- Promote social distancing through the use of dividers, barriers, signage, floor spacing signage, and traffic control.
- Provide condiments or utensils only in single-use, individually-wrapped items, and provide condiments only upon request.
- Utilize remote ticketing options as appropriate.
- Provide available sanitizing stations with hand sanitizer throughout the complex.
- Encourage cashless transactions for all onsite purchases.
- Override efficiency protocols of ventilation to ensure a constant flow of outdoor air.
- Limit the number of individuals inside the arena to no more than the government-recommended percentage of the facility’s total listed occupancy.
- Limit the use of standard-size elevators to four individuals at a time. For individuals not wishing to ride an elevator, stairways and ramps will be available for use. As appropriate, individuals subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act may ride the elevator alone or accompanied by the individual’s caregiver.
The safety and well-being of our guests are a top priority. To deliver optimal safety, specific practices and guidelines have been created. We require that all policies be followed by each individual for the entire duration of the event, as creating a safe environment is a shared responsibility.
- Social distancing practices to leave at least six feet between persons, per CDC recommendations, should be followed in all areas of the United Supermarkets Arena.
- Every other row of seats has been closed and marked appropriately.
- Keep a minimum of two seats between each party.
- Elevators are limited to four individuals at a time.
- Entry and exits will be clearly marked and located in separate areas to avoid cross over of incoming and exiting guests.
- Queue lines to enter will be managed using common methods such as lines marked on the ground, fencing, bike racks, or rope, in combination with workers who provide information about ingress procedures.
- Attendance and capacity numbers will be monitored.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is vital and encouraged.
- The clear bag policy is in effect for all ticketed events to help facilitate bag searches in a sanitary fashion. Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, or small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, may be taken into the venue. An exception may be made for medically necessary items upon inspection.
- Guests are encouraged to use sanitizing stations with hand sanitizer that will be available throughout the complex.
- Gathering of groups before, during, or after an event is discouraged to maintain social distancing.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is encouraged to be used by guests attending events. Face masks covering both the mouth and nose are mandatory when inside and within the proximity of the arena in accordance with State and Texas Tech University policy.
Complete a self-assessment before leaving to come to the event.
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills and fatigue
- New loss of taste/smell
- Muscle pain or sore throat
- Are you living with or caring for someone with confirmed COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days, have you had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Is your temperature higher than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit?
Not feeling well? Marked yes to a question on the self-assessment? For the safety of other guests and team members, we ask you to stay home and invite you to return when you are feeling better.
In addition to these protocols, by entering the Texas Tech campus and United Supermarkets Arena, all guests agree to follow all posted COVID-10 protocols and any additional health and safety directives of Texas Tech and arena personnel.
Our incredible team members are what make the United Supermarkets Arena so special. Proper communication and training about their role in helping prevent the spread of germs have been instituted to maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- Health screening and educating staff on the symptoms of COVID-19, as well as, policies and procedures for maintaining a healthy workplace, including sending employees home if they arrive at work while feeling ill or displaying symptoms.
- Temperature checks are performed prior to the start of any work shift.
- Social distancing practices, per CDC recommendations, will be followed by team members.
- Handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is vital to help stop the spread of the virus and all team members have been instructed to wash their hands every 60 minutes and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking and before and after starting a shift.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by our team members in adherence to state and local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves will be worn by team members handling food, tickets, or any object touched by a guest.
- Cashiers at concession stands should not handle food and beverage wherever possible. All food handlers will be equipped with masks, gloves, and other mandated personal protective equipment based on local mandates.
- Equipment disinfecting will occur prior to first use, between users, and at the conclusion of each shift.
- Daily pre-shift and timekeeping will be modified to minimize traffic and volume of staff in the back of house areas, with hand sanitizer usage required before and after using a time clock.
- Further event and venue backstage protocols may be accessed by event promoters and tour managers upon request.
As much as we are all eager to attend events, there must be certain guidelines set in place and followed to provide optimal protection and confidence to every individual entering the arena. We look forward to welcoming you to our events! We value the time and effort it takes to attend each event taking place at the United Supermarkets Arena. Thank you for trusting us as we navigate this time together.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Guide
All persons present on the Texas Tech University (TTU) campus and within the United Supermarkets Arena assume all risk of exposure to communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people are present. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and can lead to severe illness and/or death. TTU has implemented enhanced health and safety precautions as a service for all guests, licensees, and team members present inside the arena. By entering the TTU campus and arena, all individuals voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree to follow all governmental and TTU policies, guidelines, and directives related to the prevention and control of COVID-19, whether or not posted, while present on the TTU campus and inside the United Supermarkets Arena.
07-Aug-20219:00 am and 1:30 pm www.unitedsupermarketsarena.com/no_tickets
10-Sep-20217:00 PM https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/civic-center/ticketing/kane-brown
12-Oct-20217:00 pm https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/civic-center/ticketing/tobymac-hits-deep-tour
28-Oct-20217:00 pm https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/civic-center/ticketing/chris-stapleton-all-american-road-show
Make your next event or business meeting a success at our conference facilities. More InfoEvent Request Form